Happy Monday friends! I saw this over the weekend and it is so true. On fun but busy weekends like this one, I find myself wishing every weekend was a 3 day weekend. ;)
Friday morning I attempted to put some loose curls in my hair before our 3 year old and I met my friend Jen and her girls for lunch and to play a little while after. I was texting my friend Emily for tips on how to do it using a flat iron. I think I'm finally figuring it out!
We met Jen and the girls at Chick-Fil-A and let them play a while. It was busy and loud in the Chick-Fil-A play place so we went to another play area in our outdoor mall that recently opened. The girls had a great time there!
Two of the three girls. They were running so fast and playing so much that I didn't get a good picture of Jen's younger daughter.
The girls had a hard time climbing the different things in the play area with their socks on so they took them off to play. Jen and I were slightly grossed out by them running around in bare feet but the girls were happy! Ha ha!
She is still getting over a cough from a cold she's had for a couple weeks and had to keep stopping for water breaks. That didn't stop her from wanting me to take her picture though. ;)
They all had so much fun! It was great to catch up with Jen and her girls!
Friday night we got pizza for dinner and hung out in the basement watching Rapunzel. I love these munchkins!
My sister pointed out last week that I don't have as many pictures of just our son and I as I do with the girls so we attempted to fix that. We tried. ;) #whydoesmyfacelookfat
I left early Saturday morning for a fun day of shopping, massages and dinner with two of my college friends! This is an annual tradition that we've been doing for 9 years. It is always so good to catch up with them and have a little time away. We missed our friend Brooke that couldn't be there this year! One of our first stops was a favorite of mine; The Container Store.
We went to Dick's Sporting Goods and I wasn't planning to buy anything. I had to look through the North Face clearance section though! I couldn't pass up this jacket. I now own my first North Face and I'm loving it. ;)
We took some funny pictures at the mall.
Tara with the Avengers guy. We aren't really in to Avengers at our house so I'm not even sure who he is. (My sister tells me everyone knows that is Captain America!) Ha ha!
If you look closely at his shoulder, you can see that Brooke joined us for the pictures. ;)
We had to make a stop at the Disney Store. The kids are always excited to see a bag from the Disney Store in my hand when I get home from our girl's trip.
Macy's had a fun photo booth set up inside their store so we had to try it out!
We checked in to our hotel then made a quick stop at World Market. This chair and umbrella set was too cute.
I'm super jealous of Tara's 'stache. ;)
All of this shopping was making Miranda hot.
We always get a massage after a full day of shopping and it is just what we need!
A post massages selfie (with Brooke). My massage therapist told me I had some knots in my shoulders and she tried to work them out. I was afraid I was going to be sore on Sunday but I felt great for the most part!
We always save room for a piece of cheesecake for dessert. It's delicious!!
Excuse our squinty eyes. We enjoyed our cheesecake! I had a great time with you girls this weekend! Let's plan to get together this summer with our families. :)
My bff that lives in Tennessee was home for the weekend for a 35th birthday party for one of her high school friends. I didn't get to see them because I was out of town, but they were driving home on Sunday at the same time I was. We met at an exit off the highway to chat for a little while. Love this baby girl!
And her Momma! #framily
Our son got his baseball uniform at practice on Saturday and tried it on Sunday morning. He looks so grown up and handsome! Praying he has a great season!!
Sunday afternoon was beautiful so the kids and I played outside.
She is loving her new princess scooter.
Our little rock star wearing my sunglasses. ;)
Christopher is coaching our son's baseball team and they had a 2 hour practice on Saturday. My mom came to watch the girls while the boys went to practice. (Thank you Mom!!) Our 5 year old said Grandma Pam taught her this trick on her scooter. She was pretty proud of herself.
The girls and I did some chalk art. Our 5 year old drew a scooter and a rainbow heart. I love her creativity. :)
Our son is getting really comfortable on his new scooter too!
And then this happened. It wasn't a serious injury thankfully.
We had to run to Dick's for new cleats for this guy and the North Face clearance section got me again! Now he and I are twinkies. ;)
The kids all wanted Bandidos for dinner so Bandidos it was. I love this picture of them on the bull!
We were having such a good day that we decided to make our first stop of the season at the "firetruck park" after dinner. This girl was showing off her skills on the monkey bars.
I love this one! They were being exceptionally photogenic on Sunday. ;)
This slide is always a favorite.
I think my girls trip was just what I needed. I was a more calm and relaxed Momma on Sunday. I really enjoyed the day with these three loves! And our 5 year old's face, hilarious!
Our busy day and staying up later than normal with Daddy on Saturday night wore the kids out! She loves the Elsa that I brought her from the Disney Store.
And this sweet girl loves her new Doc McStuffins. :)
I am so thankful for a fun weekend with friends and family! Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment