Happy Monday! We had such a fun weekend celebrating our baby girl turning 4.
Friday was Wacky Day at school. It is so much easier to make a girl look wacky because she has a variety of patterns in her closet. Our son, not as much!
She was one wacky girl! ;)
We stopped to get our Friday night pizza on the way home and these two wanted me to take their picture.
And they wanted their picture taken with Spider man. Ha ha!
We played outside after dinner and this guy was speeding all around the driveway! Speeding!
The girls were riding their bikes and trying not to get hit by their brother. ;)
This crazy lady wrecked the tricycle at least five times! A couple of those times she had a little help from her brother though.
She was putting air in the tires of her cozy coupe. ;)
The neighbor and their girls stopped over and played for a while. The girls made our driveway colorful with chalk art!
Our kindergartner's friend was drawing a sun while our daughter was reading her part of a Fancy Nancy chapter book. ;)
Kindergarten friends still in their Wacky Day outfits.
The little sisters wanted a picture too. :)
Saturday morning we didn't do much of anything. We did rent a couple movies from Redbox and the kids watched Penguins of Madagascar and ate trail mix.
Not your typical way to sit in a theater chair but it worked for her.
The girls decided to dress themselves for the day about 6 PM. Despite the cold, rainy weather outside they both put on summer dresses. She's accessorizing with chip clips. ;)
These sisters wanted one more picture together while they are still 5 and 3.
The sweetest; I was going to read a couple of our favorite Sandra Boynton books to our 3 year old and her sister wanted to read them to her instead. She read Happy Birthday, Little Pookie and Pajama Time.
Last sleep as a 3 year old.
Happy 4th Birthday baby girl!
I posted this collage of our sweet girl on FB and Instagram. Year 1, 2, 3 and 4!
Grandpa and Grandma met the kids and I at Bob Evans for breakfast as requested by the birthday girl. :)
Kids menus (and grandparents) for the win keeping the kiddos entertained while we waited for our food.
It wasn't quite 50 degrees when we got to the zoo but we knew it was supposed to warm up to almost 60. It wasn't super busy which was nice!
We were there just in time for the sea lion feeding. It was really fun to watch.
I am pretty sure if Grandma wouldn't have been holding her she would have jumped back from where she was standing when the sea lion flipped around right in front of her.
My loves!
This was a rare moment! I never see these two holding hands so it was extra sweet.
These two had to make a stop for a photo opp in the jeep.
The zebras are always one of our favorite stops at the zoo.
I just love these three!
This picture really makes me laugh; the way she's holding her jacket. ;)
All three of them wanted to spin the wheel together.
Love this one of Grandpa, Grandma and the kids!
We always have to stop at the drums.
Drummer boy.
The birthday girl!
Hanging out in some ostrich eggs.
I'm not sure why she is ON the egg, not IN it. ;)
Our 5 year old really wanted to go on the sky ride and Grandpa was happy to go with her! Our son could not make up his mind if he wanted to go or not.
He decided he wanted to go after the other two were on the ride, so he and I had some Mommy/son time. :)
Grandpa wasn't so sure about the driver!
We've never done face painting at the zoo because it's $5, but I decided we could splurge a little since we were celebrating! The birthday girl got a pink tiger.
Our kindergartner got a half butterfly/half flower.
Our beautiful butterfly and tiger!
She was holding her hair to one side so it didn't get in the paint. ;)
She looked so different with her face all painted!! Our son asked to get his painted too which surprised me. I don't think he's ever had his face painted. He had a baseball game right after the zoo though and I told him I didn't think his Dad (Coach) would be too excited if he got to the game with a painted face. ;)
It would be okay with me if the zoo got rid of the snakes. Ha ha! But my sweet guy would be bummed!
We told the kids they could each pick one ride. The older two picked the sky ride and the birthday girl wanted to ride the train with Grandpa. The older kids played in the stationary train while they rode the real one.
Our engineer
Middle and Big
Grandpa Ken and the birthday girl ready to ride the train
My mini and I
The birthday girl had been talking about feeding the giraffes all week! The first time we went by their platform they weren't out yet because it was too cold. We heard they were out so we went back to see if she could feed them. They weren't hungry, but she was still happy to get to see them!
They are one of my favorite parts of the zoo too.
We didn't have a lot of time before our baseball player had to be at his game, so we ate lunch in the car. They were supposed to play three games earlier in the week that were all canceled because of the rain and/or the cold. We were thankful for beautiful baseball weather! I was so so proud of this guy! He got two singles, got out at first once and struck out once in his four at bats. I love watching him play. And they won 12 to 3!
Christopher and I surprised this girl with a new bike for her birthday! I think her favorite part is that she can buckle in a baby doll on the back. She has to learn to push the pedals, but I think she will catch on fast because she's always riding the tricycle.
We came inside and she opened a few other small gifts from us.
We grabbed a sandwich for dinner then I took the kids to get frozen yogurt. Always a fun treat!
Sour gummy worm in her birthday cake flavored fro yo ;)
Big sister wanted to take the new birthday bike for a ride when we got home. Guess what she wants for her birthday now?
Anna got to take the first ride in the baby doll seat.
The girls decided at bedtime they wanted a picture with their stuffed animal friends. I don't know how she even fits in her bed with all the stuffed animals and dolls she has in it. These are just the Lalaloopsy ones!
Happy birthday my dear girl! I hope you had the best day. I love you infinity!

3 comments:
Such a sweet post, what a great weekend celebrating the birthday girl!
Looks like a wonderful way to celebrate her 4th birthday! :)
What an amazing weekend! Happy 4th birthday to your sweet little girl. Her tiger face looks awesome!
Post a Comment