Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Favorites | Road Trip Edition

Momfessionals


Happy Friday!  Today I'm linking up with  Andrea, Erica, and Narci and sharing some of our favorite activities and snacks from our Spring Break road trip. We traveled over 2,100 miles with an 8, 5, and 3 year old and no DVD player!  I wasn't sure how that would go, but the kids did a great job!


My friend Robin suggested these baskets to hold coloring books and other activities to keep the kids entertained while we were traveling. $1 each from the dollar store!


We stopped at the dollar store for the baskets, coloring books, buckets and treats before our trip. Our 3 year old was excited about her basket of goodies. She just looks mad because she had hit her head on the door on the way out. Poor girl! We also got them each new crayons from Target. Who doesn't love a new package of crayons? ;)


I picked up these Melissa and Doug coloring and sticker books at TJ Maxx for the trip too. They kept the girls busy for hours!


This coloring book was my favorite. You can find it on amazon here. 

I love that there is a space that says "Created By" at the bottom of each page. 


Our kindergartner worked really hard on the first page! 


Our 3 year old really liked her sticker book too! 


Any time you're traveling with kids, snacks are a high priority too! I can't believe I had never tried this popcorn before our trip. It is addicting!


The kids love these Simply Balanced fruit ropes from Target. 


And the Simply Balanced fruit twists. 


I recently tried Kashi bars and love the Cherry Dark Chocolate! 


The Publix in Orange Beach carried the Cranberry Lemon flavor and they are so good too! 


We always buy the Frigo string cheese and those are another easy snack for traveling. 


I've mentioned my love of the Pretzel Crisp minis before. They are definitely a favorite snack! 


I took some of the Wholly Guacamole minis on the trip to eat with the pretzel crisps. Yum! 

I always get a little stressed packing for a road trip. Hopefully this gives you a couple new ideas for the next time you travel! What activites or snacks are always on your "to pack" list when you travel with kids?

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great Good Friday and a Happy Easter weekend!

No comments: