Sunday, June 1, 2014

Shots, Stones and Sunshine

We didn't have any set plans for the weekend but we still stayed pretty busy.  We started Friday morning with our just turned 5 year old's well child check. 


Our sweet girl waiting for the doctor. You can tell it is an early morning appointment because she still looks a little tired.


I love the expression on her face as she answers questions from her pediatrician. She did a great job, until she found out she had to get shots. To say she was not happy about her shots is an understatement! I can't blame her though; I still can't look at the needle when I have to get shots or have bloodwork done. Her 5 year stats are 37 pounds, putting her in the 48th% and 43 inches, putting her in the 50th%.


We were finished at the doctor by 9:00 and I let her choose where we would have breakfast since she had to get shots. She picked Bob Evans, yum!


We are in a season where it is usually pretty easy to take the kids places. The girls were so good at breakfast.


I don't know why our 3 year old does the head tilt for pictures. I think she may have learned that from my friend Adrienne. Love you Ade! ;)


It was our son's last Friday of first grade! I e-mailed his teacher to ask when would be a good time to get a picture of our son with her because I hadn't taken one at their poetry for parents performance. She said she could take one and e-mail it to me. So nice of her!


Saturday morning the 5 of us ran a few errands before we went to the lot. One of our stops was Dick's Sporting Goods to order a basketball goal for the new house. While my husband was taking care of that, the kids and I looked in the shoe section. Our son asked if he could run around the track. ;) He and our 3 year old got their exercise this morning. Our 5 year old was sitting in the cart because her legs were sore from her shots on Friday. :(


We went to the lot to check out progress on the new house. The kids are standing in what will be the nook off the kitchen.


We still need to decide if this room in the basement will be a family room or a pool table/game room. Decisions!


Love the pose! 


The boys were cleaning up so the girls and I went for a little walk. 


Our hard working boy! 


♥


It can be hard to have the kids at the new house because there are dangers at a new construction, of course. I love that they can be outside and explore though. Our rent house is on the corner of two busy roads so playing outside with small children is not ideal. When I saw that he was digging in this dirt pile, our son told me, "I'm kind of like a mountain climber". Ha ha!


His sisters had to try digging with him. 


Someone did not nap today and was pretty tired by the time we went to dinner. She didn't actually fall asleep but I thought she might!


Our son wanted to bring his trucks (sand toys) with us to dig in the stones. It kept all 3 of them entertained for quite a while!


Oh how I love her! 


Sisters working together. 


I had to run to the dollar store for a couple of gift bags and saw this Ariel puzzle. I couldn't pass it up for our 5 year old for $1. I love fun dollar store finds like this one!


We missed church on Sunday.  We ran a couple errands and went to the lot again.  It was sunny and WARM!  Our 5 year old is sunbathing in her shorts and tee-shirt. ;)


These three were getting pretty hot playing in the stones so we went to the basement to cool off a little.


And nothing says Sunday night dinner like a cheeseburger made in to a smile from McD's.  ;)

 

No comments: