Thursday, June 5, 2014

Last Day of 1st Grade!

Today is our son's last day of first grade. And it will be his last day at his current school because he will start at the elementary school in our new district in the fall. I could cry just typing that. I know he's only been at his current school for two years but he has had such a good experience there! He was blessed with two amazing teachers and I can only hope and pray for equally wonderful teachers for him in the coming years. Anyway, enough sap! ;)


Last Day of 1st Grade! 


I love to do comparison pictures. This is his first day of 1st grade and his last day of 1st grade. To me, he doesn't look like he has changed that much. His shorts just look longer. ;)  I sent this picture to my Dad and he said our son looks a couple inches taller now.  I didn't realize that, but I agree!


His sisters wanted their picture taken with their big brother! 


The three of them his first day of 1st grade. 


We got up early this morning so we could celebrate the last day of school with donuts. The kids are super excited!


So many delicious choices! 


This could be the start of a fun last day of school tradition for us. :) 


This picture is our son and Sarah's sons the day of their kindergarten end of school party. I don't know what it is about this picture that makes me so emotional! Their kindergarten year was such a good one.  I'm so thankful that we met Sarah and their family through our boys being in the same class. It's hard to believe it's been a year since I did this post about the last day of kindergarten! (I didn't realize until I posted this picture that our son was wearing the same shirt today that he wore in this picture with Sarah's boys from last year.)  Ha ha!


And one more comparision picture, his last day of kindergarten and his last day of first grade.  We love you to the moon and back sweet guy!

No comments: