Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween 2014!

Happy Halloween! We had another Halloween with crummy weather here, but we made the best of it!


My three cuties wore their festive shirts from Auntie Anne (and Uncle Pat but we all know who does the shopping in most families!) ;) I actually took these after school because we ran out of time before school.


They had to do a "scary" Halloween pose too. Ha ha! 


I volunteered to do a sweet snack for our son's 2nd grade class and our daughter's Kindergarten class parties.


This little love helped me fill 41 treat bags with a Halloween trail mix. 


I was also in charge of a healthy snack for our daughter's class. I saw this simple and yummy idea on Pinterest! It did take a while to peel 20 cuties, but it was really a simple snack.


Ready to go! 


We dropped off the trail mix at my son's class and I planned to go back about half way through the party to spend a little time in his classroom too, but I ended up staying at my daughter's party the whole time. I felt bad I didn't make it back to his classroom, but I think he had a good time at his party! Our 3 year old was really well behaved during the party. She loves seeing her siblings at their school.


My kindergarten girl 


This handsome guy is friends with our daughter's best friend from preschool. Our daughter is already making her birthday party invitation list (her birthday is in May) and it is usually all the girls in her class, her friends from preschool, and him. ;)


Another Mom and I were in charge of this simple game. They had to walk around a table balancing pumpkin candies on a spoon.


After school we had plans to meet my sister and her family to trick or treat in what will soon be our subdivision. We got the kids in costume and decided to get a picture inside because it was rainy and cold outside!


We ended up not meeting my sister because it is almost an hour drive from their house to our new house and we didn't want them to drive all that way and not end up trick or treating for long because of the weather. We had talked about going door to door at our normal spot, but they decided not to go door to door. It was really cold! We still took #88, Elsa and Anna door to door for a little while in our new subdivision.


Earnhardt Jr. was complaining about even going door to door because of the cold, but he quickly remembered how much he LOVES trick or treating once we got started!


A fire truck from the local fire station drove through the subdivision and the firemen handed out candy to the kids. We thought that was so fun!


Another of the fire truck ;) 


Anna and Daddy. If you look closely you can see Earnhardt Jr almost at the door to the house already. He kept "racing" ahead of his sisters!

We noticed on most of the doors we went to that they had signs that said, "We've been Boo'd!"  I remembered reading about getting Boo'd in this post by Erin at Sunny Side Up.  How fun!  I think our new subdivision is going to be such a great neighborhood to live in!

 Happy Halloween friends!
 

No comments: