Yesterday we celebrated our sweet guy turning 8 years old! EIGHT! I can't believe it.
Most nights Christopher puts our son to bed and I put the girls to bed; but on Tuesday night I wanted to spend some time with my almost 8 year old before bed. He read a couple chapters of Dinosaurs Before Dark to me. It's the first book we have read in the Magic Tree House series.
I don't usually take the time to make the kids a hot breakfast before school, but the birthday boy requested chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!
He picked Halloween Rice Krispies treats for his birthday snack at school, which we forgot at home! I had to run to the grocery store and get another box after I dropped him off. It all worked out though. The extra box won't go to waste at our house. ;)
We picked up a few balloons at the dollar store because all of our kids love balloons! I found some Cars crepe paper leftover from his 5th birthday party and wrapped his chair. It wasn't anything too exciting but he loved it. (Doesn't everyone have the top to their poker table leaning up against the wall by their kitchen table? Ha ha! #rentalliving)
We got home from school and it was going to be a little over an hour before Christopher got home. I told the birthday boy he had to wait to open his gifts. The kids were all bugging and bugging about how long it would be so I decided to take them to a little farm not far from our house that is selling pumpkins and a variety of other fall produce. We pass it every day on the way to and from school and I wanted to take their picture in front of this old truck. :)
My girl looking beautiful as always.
Little sister had to get in on the photo taking fun, but wouldn't keep her eyes open even wearing sunglasses! Ha ha!
They had wagons you could use to cart your pumpkins so the kids had to get one!
Apparently they can also be used for hauling small children. ;)
The birthday boy is in to snakes, so I thought it was appropriate to have him hold a snake gourd.
She wanted to sit on the straw and have her picture taken with her pumpkin.
I probably should have let them get bigger pumpkins. They look kind of small on our steps, but the kids were so happy they got to each pick one!
Finally, time for gifts!
I love how excited he was that I got him a truffle from the "chocolate store".
He opened a few small gifts from his gift bag and then we said it was time to go to dinner. We all walked outside and Christopher brought out his new bike! He was pretty surprised!
He had to check it out. I honestly think he was excited but a little unsure because it doesn't have training wheels. Yep, total parent fail here. His other bike still has training wheels. In our defense there isn't a good place for the kids to ride bikes here at the rent house. I can't wait for him to be able to ride his new bike in our cul-de-sac and in the subdivision when we move!
Sun was in his eyes ;)
The birthday boy chose Logan's for dinner. I am pretty sure my kids think it is the only option for sit down restaurants. ;) He told everyone that it was his birthday. Ha ha! When we were done eating, our waitress asked him to come with her and had him stand on a chair with three other people celebrating birthdays.
He was loving the attention!
I was so proud of him for getting up there! A couple of years ago there was no way he would have done that! He still has times where he is very shy, but he has come a long way!
We were all so full when we got home but we wanted to have the cake my Mom so nicely offered to make for his birthday.
We sang and let him make his wish. He blew out the candle and asked us to light it again so he could make two wishes. Ha ha!
The kids decided they would just have birthday cake flavored ice cream cones and have cake tonight.
I hope you had the best birthday yet my love! We love you so much and can't wait to celebrate with your friends at your Jump Around Party tomorrow night!

No comments:
Post a Comment