Today I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for her Come On In series. (It was scheduled for last Tuesday but she said she was bumping it back to today. It isn't posted today but I'm posting anyway and will link up when she does post hers) :) This time we're talking home organization! I loooove a well organized space! We've spent the last 15+ months in a rent house where organized is the last thing I would call our space. I can't wait to move to our new house and get organized again!
We had our previous house on the market for around 3 years. Let me tell you, 3 years is a very long time to be on the market! We always got positive feedback after showings, but it took a long time for the right buyers to come through. I felt like our house was organized to begin with but the longer we were on the market, the more we tried to get organized. I got some great organization tips and ideas from Erin at Sunny Side Up. It takes some time to get organized, but once you are I think it saves you so much time! You're not constantly searching for things when you need them because things have a specific place. Ah, what a great feeling!
One of the areas we felt could be more organized was our pantry. My husband and I gave it a makeover and it looked great, but I decided it could be even more organized with a few fun items from The Container Store. I had seen these baskets on blogs and read literally hundreds of reviews raving about them online. This is the left side of the pantry.
Close up of baskets
Right side of pantry
I love this idea! It makes it so much easier to see what canned goods you have in the pantry, not to mention the space you save. This is the Large Expand A Shelf, also from The Container Store.
Another project I did was this drawer in our kitchen. I found these drawer organizers at Bed, Bath and Beyond. This is our "junk" drawer no longer! Before pictures are here.
More organizers from Bed, Bath and Beyond. This is our bathroom drawer that obviously holds toothpaste, floss, picks, combs, etc.
Laundry Room decor
For a long time, I kept my cleaning supplies in a huge, ugly grey tote under this shelf in the laundry room. I found these containers at The Container Store and they were a much cuter solution! They are so easily accessible to me, but not to the three sets of little hands in the house!
My very crafty sister in law made these adorable tags for the containers, matching the rest of the laundry room decor of course. :)
This has been a great solution for cleaning supply storage!
I talked about the organization of our play room in this post. Our 3 year old and I had a play date at my friend Jen's house a couple weeks ago and I loved how she had her play room organized! I told her I might need her assistance when we get moved. ;) Our son has been talking about having an "art gallery" in the new house and this is exactly what I had in mind. I am definitely going to be getting one of these from IKEA when we move! It is almost like a clothes line with clips to hold the pictures. I tried to find a link to it on IKEA's website but it is not very user friendly.
A close up of the way the artwork is displayed. I showed these pictures to our older two kids and they can't wait to have their art displayed in our play room!
Jen also had two of these fun swings from IKEA for the kids in the play room. So cute!
An organized house makes this girl happy! I can not wait to get settled in and start organizing at our new house! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:
Post a Comment