Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Favorites

Momfessionals

Today I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci to share my Friday Favorites. They are a random assortment of favorite things from this week.

1 Favorite Drink


I was doing my weekly grocery shopping on Tuesday and our 3 year old loves to open the coolers in the check out lanes. I happened to see this inside the cooler as I was shutting the door. It's the first time I have seen one with my name so I had to buy it, even though I am still attempting my 30 days without soda. It will still be good then, right? ;)

2 Favorite Target Finds


Our son has started timed math facts in 2nd grade and one of the teacher suggestions was flashcards. I looked in the $1 bins and was able to find these math flash cards for our son and sight words flash cards for our Kindergartner. On sale for 50 cents each!


Our son is doing addition math facts now but I know he will be doing subtraction next. I couldn't find addition and subtraction flash cards so I got him these workbooks. Also 50 cents each!


Our kindergartner has known her numbers and her letters for a long time, but still writes a few of her numbers backwards. She loves practicing with these workbooks. We found almost all of her word wall words for Kindergarten in the sight words flash cards I got her!


We've been practicing baseball pretty often since Fall Baseball is starting for our son, and we only had one mitt for the two girls. Our 5 year old really wanted her own mitt so I got her this one at Target. I love that it is pink and brown. :)

3 Favorite Movies


Our son will still watch the Cars and Cars 2 movies sometimes and he noticed as we were on our way to the new house one day that this car dealership has the United States flag and two flags from countries in Cars 2. (I need to ask him what countries they are).  I thought it was cute he recognized that.  It is amazing what kids observe and remember!

4 Favorite Songs


We currently have a 20 minute drive to and from school every day and we listen to fun music to make the time go faster. This Kenny Chesney song is a favorite of all three kids. They especially love the lyric, "sister's got a boyfriend Daddy doesn't like." I see this happening in our family in the future. Ha ha!


Somethin' Bad is another favorite. I'm not sure what makes them love this song, but they do! I love to watch them all dance and be silly when their favorite songs are on.

5 Favorite Apps


My friend Robin gave me a code to try a free Groove Book! You can download the app for free, and you make a 100 page photo book each month for just $2.99 with pictures you have on your phone. I take so many pictures but I haven't been good about printing them for years! We got our first one in the mail today and I'm really happy with it!


I selected the first 100 photos I posted this year for my photo of the day on Instagram to use in my free book. I like that it prints the date and time the photo was taken in the margin.


The pages are perforated so you can also tear them out if you want to; for a baby book or to give to a friend or family member.

Happy Friday!

No comments: