Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up | Family Christmas Edition Part 2

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!  Today I'm wrapping up the rest of our weekend.  On Sunday we had another family Christmas scheduled. Our sweet 5 year old woke up with a headache and a temperature of 103. She'd had a cough for over a week but had been fine otherwise. I've heard the flu is everywhere right now so with church and a family Christmas planned for that day, I thought it would be a good idea to take her in to the doctor.


After a dose of Motrin she was feeling a lot better by her appointment time. 


The doctor said she looked and sounded okay. They couldn't test for influenza in the office because it was on a Sunday, so I would have had to take her to the hospital. She said because she has a good health history that she wouldn't have her take Tamiflu even if she tested positive so I decided not to have her tested. She told me on the way home that she still wanted to sing in the church Christmas program; but she fell asleep. ;)


The other two went to church with my Step-dad, Mom and Travis. Our son had not planned to be in the program or practiced at all. He is not one to go on stage unless he has to, so I was shocked to hear that he had been an angel. I'm so proud of him! ♥


I'm not sure if our sweet 3 year old sang at all, but she was up there too. :) 


Our son is the angel standing next to Mary and baby Jesus. 


I love these munchkins! We give some of our son's hand me downs to my nephew and I love seeing him wear them. He looked so handsome. :)


First Christmas in the new family room area of the pole barn. 


She was SO happy about this Despicable Me unicorn from Grandpa and Grandma! 


I've heard great things about Hedbanz and I can't wait to play this Disney version with our girl. 


Our niece got the Frozen edition of Monopoly Junior from Grandpa and Grandma. 


Our son was happy when he opened 3 Planes to add to his collection. I love that our 3 year old has her unicorn photo bombing. Ha ha!


Displaying his new Planes. ;) 


This one is a little blurry but I love her face! 


I love the Melissa and Doug toys! I hope our nephew loves his as much as our kids love the ones they have.


When Grandma Pam opened her gift, my nephew said "We got that for you!" He was making us all laugh on Sunday. :)


Twinning! 


Grandpa Ken opening his gift from us. 


She had to watch closely as Grandma opened the gift she picked for her at the Holiday Shop; Ghirardelli chocolates. Yum!


The three girl cousins all got a stuffed Olaf in the cousin exchange! They were happy girls! 


We can't wait to play Frozen Trouble! We love games at our house. 


Our nephew got an XBOX 360 from Grandpa and Grandma. He was pretty excited! He had opened a few XBOX 360 games before he opened this and was sure that he was going to have to exchange them. Ha ha!


Grandpa Ken opening his holiday shop gift from our son. 


He looooved this gift! 


Santa Olaf ;)  My sister had been sick on Saturday and this sweet girl wasn't feeling well at all on Sunday.  Feel better soon love!  We used lots of hand sanitizer and Lysol so I'm hoping no one else gets sick!!


It's always fun to get out the new toys. 


But sometimes it's even more fun to play in the boxes the toys were wrapped in. ;) 


What a silly little lady!  Thanks for everything Ken and Mom.  We love you both!! ♥♥


We went to a Christmas candle light service at church on Sunday evening. I love this picture of her! 


We had a weekend full of Christmas fun! I can't believe there are only 2 more sleeps until Christmas.

No comments: