Monday, December 22, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up | Family Christmas Edition Part 1

Happy Monday! This weekend was a whirlwind. I feel like we were so busy. It's hard to believe Christmas is just a few days away! We loved being able to spend time with both family and friends this weekend. My Mom celebrated her birthday on Friday. Happy Birthday Mom!! We couldn't be more thankful for you and are so blessed to have you! ♥


On Friday both the older kiddos had their winter parties at school. I spent the majority of my time in our daughter's class when I was there for the Halloween parties so I was sure to spend a lot of time in our son's classroom for the winter party. They were playing pin the nose on Rudolph. :)


They did a simple but fun gingerbread man craft at one of their stations. It was also Polar Express day so they got to wear their pajama's to school.


Cute boys in their pajamas! 


My high school friend Sara had a game night at her rental house on Friday night. She was a teacher for years before she started staying home with her boys, and she always has some sort of craft for the kids to do. They enjoyed making a reindeer and Santa.


The kids creating 


Concentrating on making her Santa 


I tried to get a picture of all the kids, but I think I only got about half. ;) I think there were 16 total! 


My three loves. They had so much fun at game night! 


She loves Sara's Melissa and Doug shopping cart! A side note, I wish she would leave her bow in her hair! 


The Moms managed to play a couple games of Catch Phrase and then the kids wanted to play too. I can't remember what game they were playing here but I know it involved chocolate so the kids loved it. ;) Thanks for hosting game night Sara!


Saturday afternoon we had Christmas with my Dad, siblings and Grandparents. Each of the girls got a new scooter and a helmet from Grandpa Stan. Our 3 year old got a Frozen scooter. She was so excited!


Our 5 year old got a new Princess scooter that she loved. She's only had a toddler scooter until now so she will love having a 2 wheeled scooter!


I wish I would have been sitting so that I could have fully caught the expression on his face when he opened his new fishing pole. He was so excited and sweet.


He might be talking about his new fishing pole for months! He is the funniest kid. 


My niece got a pink and silver scooter. 


My nephew got a BB gun! That one was approved by his Dad and Mom before Grandpa Stan purchased it. You be careful with that! You'll shoot your eye out kid. ;)


The kids thought Grandma LaVon needed help opening her gifts. Ha ha! 


Grandpa Bob got the world's biggest dust pan and a new broom for his shop from my Dad. 


Opening her Frozen helmet :) 


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! 


I love that their helmets each have a crown on them! How fun! We probably should have taken the cardboard off their helmets before the picture. ;)


Our son has never had a lot of Legos but has been asking about getting some. He got this fun set from Grandpa Stan and loves it! Minions and Legos; can't go wrong!


She gave Grandpa Stan the gift she picked out for him at the Holiday Shop at school. :) 


Checking out the jewelry box and bracelet Grandpa Stan made for her. 


Grandpa and all the grand kids! I love that my niece is still wearing her helmet. ;) Thank you for everything Dad. We love you! ♥♥


Our 5 year old and her bff did a little Christmas exchange. It worked out that we could meet them at a local frozen yogurt place on Saturday night for a couple hours to do the exchange and catch up.


There were Frozen and Lalaloopsy gifts involved in the exchange. Kindergarten girl favorites! 


I say it every time we see them, but their friendship is so sweet! 


Love these girls! Even when they are so wound up and excited to see each other that it made Robin and I glad we were the only ones in the frozen yogurt place. ;)


Cute! 


I'm so glad we were able to meet up Robin! We always enjoy seeing you and your sweet girl. ♥


The other two kiddos were with my Step-dad, Mom and brother Travis while we were gone. Travis helped our son put his new Lego set together. Well let's be honest, he put it together for him. ;)


And then the kids helped Grandma set up her tree in the family room area of the pole barn. This is one way to wear Christmas stockings. ;)

We had another busy day on Sunday! I will blog about the rest of our weekend tomorrow so this post doesn't become a novel.  Enjoy your day!

No comments: