My friend Sara's regular sitter was out of town for the holiday weekend so I offered to watch her boys for a few hours on Friday. After she was off work, we met her sister and her three kids at a petting zoo not far from us.
My girls and Sara's boys. My son had stayed with Christopher after the baseball game on Thursday night.
This girl was so sure she wanted to hold a baby pig but when someone would hold the pig up for her she changed her mind! Ha ha! I don't blame her. They were squirmy and squealy. ;)
My 4 year old sort of held one of the baby chicks.
Petting a fawn with Sara's middle son
They have an old and kind of run down play house near the playground area and she loved playing in there!
The two youngest kiddos of the group
I took a lot of pictures of these sisters on Friday! It seemed like a great day for cute and fun but inexpensive (Walmart) red, white, and blue dresses!
Standing in front of lots of pretty birds. They are holding bags of fruit and veggies you can buy at the entrance to feed the animals.
Sweet 4 year old feeding the monkeys
Checking out the alligators
This monkey gets mad if you try to talk to him and he throws rocks! I have to say it was pretty funny. One of the kids fed him a banana through the tube and he picked it up and threw it back at us.
She really wanted to feed the goats but she was nervous!
Love my girls!
I love this picture! The baby zebra must have wanted his picture taken. ;)
She was nervous about feeding the animals too but once she realized they weren't going to bite her she liked it.
This makes me think of the Llama Llama books. :)
How many kids does it take to feed the animal? ;)
I love our local zoo but it is neat at this petting zoo to be able to be a little more up close to the animals. Although the worrying part of my Mom brain is hoping their cages are all still in good shape the whole time we are there!
Standing in front of the lion
Sara and the camel ;)
And the camel and I
Alice the camel has three humps. Anyone else know that children's song? I can't get it out of my head now.
A couple of pretty girls on an airplane
Our petting zoo crew except Kristie's youngest son
And the three Moms who took them ;)
Friday night Christopher had the kids. Looks like a wild start to the night. Ha ha!
Sara and I went to dinner and thought about wearing these festive headbands. Ha ha! I bought them from the $1 bins at Target for the girls but they were too big for their heads.
Love this girl!
The yummy dinner we shared. It was pretty simple; smoked sausage, mac and cheese and tater tots, but it was good! I think our kids would love it too. ;)
The kids and I kicked off the holiday on Saturday with a swim at the association pool with our neighbors.
Love these four year old friends :)
It was a sunny day!
Our neighbor girls are good at sharing. Those are their inter tubes but you wouldn't have known it! I need to pump them back up for Beth! Doesn't everyone need a life jacket and an inter tube in the kiddie pool?
Saturday afternoon my favorite baseball player had his first All Stars tourney game!
My batter and his Coach (Daddy) at 3rd base
The girls love that they have a concession stand at the All Stars games (they don't have one during the regular season- weird!)
Yay for a win! I love these 3! Perfect that his uniform is red with white pants.
We grabbed hot dogs and coney dogs from a popular local restaurant before we watched the fireworks.
I felt like we needed to have hot dogs on the holiday. The kids agreed! Our son really did like his even though you can't tell by the look on his face.
I found these fun 4th props at Walmart for less than $2 so I bought them. I knew it would be fun to take pictures while we waited for fireworks to start.
Prop swap ;)
Once he finished his hot dogs, their big brother wanted in on the fun!
They make my heart happy!
I love my little crew!
They were playing "Mom" while we waited.
It's not a 4th of July post without a few fireworks pictures.
We watched the fireworks show in our downtown and it was really good!
Our 6 year old was "holding" the fireworks. :)
I hope you had a fabulous weekend celebrating our independence and freedom with family and friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment