We started the weekend with a Cookies and Canvas party celebrating our kindergarten girl turning 6. My friend Robin snapped this sweet picture of these preschool besties before the party got started.
There were 13 sweet girls at the party! The only girl she invited that couldn't make it was my niece. We missed her!
I honestly don't know how this happened! Before the party even started, little sister got purple paint all over her hands.
I tried to get a picture of each of the girls painting. We were so happy all her little friends could attend!
It was fun to see how each girl interpreted the instructors directions.
All of the paintings were unique and beautiful.
I'm glad the birthday girl chose this particular painting because I think it was a good one for their age group.
Robin took this one of me helping the birthday girl. :)
I just love her!
The birthday girl got to pick a canvas from a box they had and she picked this one. This was actually our second choice to have the girls paint at the party.
Fun party props!
The two four year old's did need a little more help than the older girls! (Our daughter especially) They did a great job though!
Such a cute picture of the three girls in the front and a funny picture of the girls in the back. Ha ha!
The birthday girl and her painting.
Adding flowers to her stems.
Two beautiful paintings by two beautiful girls
I texted this to my friend Jen to show her how well her daughter was doing!
Putting on the finishing touches. These two both added a bee to their pictures. :)
The best we could get for a group picture with the party props!
Sisters!
The birthday girl and her three friends that are not from school this year.
Time for presents!
Jen's daughter got her a card that has a cow singing "Happy Birthday to Moo" and all the girls thought it was so funny. Lots of giggles!
More smiles and giggles!
Our neighbors got her Annie. We love that movie at our house!
She wore a party hat TO the party. She was ready!
I tried to get a picture of all the girls with their paintings! It was hard to see all their paintings and their faces. We really feel blessed that our daughter ended up in such a great kindergarten class this year. She's made some of the sweetest friends not only in her class but one or two in other kindergarten classes at school. I loved seeing her surrounded by all these fun girls!
These two are close in age and I've always said they look and act alike. They could be sisters! We haven't seen her much in the past year but were so happy she could come to the party!
And last but not least, sisters and their paintings. Our 4 year old did have some help. ;) Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated our sweet girl with us!!
Saturday morning we hung out at home until it was time for our son's baseball game at noon.
The almost birthday girl wanted to get out every one of her gifts and play with them!
She colored a couple of pictures with a Fashion Plates set she got a kindergarten friend.
Game time! Our son is at right center. They beat an undefeated team 16 to 7. They are having an awesome winning streak (4 in a row)! Proud of those boys!
The girls tried to entertain themselves by playing tag at the game. It wasn't as fun with only two people. ;)
She was cranky and wanted me to hold her. She's pretty heavy but I held her and she fell asleep! We had some late nights last week and I think it was catching up to all of them.
We played outside for a little while once we got home and she had so much fun playing with her Flutter Bye doll that she got from Carissa's daughter. I drew an arrow so it was easier to see the doll in the air. :)
These three are on their scooters and bikes any chance they get now that it is warming up!
We had storms come through that cut our outside play short and after they passed we went to our local minor league baseball game.
We always have to take a picture with the bobble head.
This girl was in my purse instead of watching the game and put on my lip gloss. ;)
She for some reason wanted a picture of her Hello Kitty shirt. Ha ha!
Dippin' Dots might have been the highlight of the game for the kids.
Can't we ever just get a nice picture? ;)
My favorite part of the game was probably watching these two dance when the music played for each batter.
We had fun despite the rain but it was a late night for the kiddos! I will recap Mother's Day and our sweet girl's actual birthday in part 2!

2 comments:
I've been waiting for this post! :) The party was wonderful, what a sweet group of girls! Glad the birthday girl had fun!! Thank you again for including us!
I was a little slow with my posts this week!! ;) Thank YOU for coming! It wouldn't have been the same without you two. :) The birthday girl had the best time!
Post a Comment