Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And Baby Makes Four!!!

Our sweet little princess made a surprise arrival two weeks early on May 11. I had a dream labor and delivery. It was so similar to my first actually. We had a very busy Mother's Day weekend and went to bed at about 10:30 Sunday night. I woke up at 12:24 and felt some pain. I couldn't get back to sleep so I woke up hubby and told him I thought I might be in labor. I remember looking out the window noticing the full moon, which my Mom swears means you are more likely to have a baby. We started timing the contractions and they were about four minutes apart. I called my Mom to make sure I could wake her up and told her she might want to head to our house so she could stay with our little man while we went to the hospital. I was so proud of myself, I had just finished packing our hospital bags that day and had even posted on facebook before we went to bed that I was finally feeling prepared for our baby girl's arrival. And she wasn't waiting!

By the time my Mom got to our house I had put on my makeup and hubby had a chance to shower and my contractions were only about a minute apart. We headed to the hospital (only a 7 minute drive thank goodness!) and got there at a little before 3am. They checked me in to triage and I was fully dilated. They paged the on call doctor and got me hooked up to an IV. When the doctor arrived he said, "I see someone is in a hurry" (meaning our baby). She was born at a little before 4am, almost exactly an hour after we got to the hospital. The nurses didn't believe me when they asked my pain level in triage and I said it was a 10 of 10 until they checked and I was fully dilated! Unfortunately for me that left no time for any pain medicine but thankfully she was quick about making her entrance in to the world. It is all worth it when you hold that sweet baby in your arms for the first time. Now we are settling in at home and my mother in law is here helping with the adjustment. Our little guy is loving having a full time playmate! The next few posts will go back to some of the other fun events of our Mother's Day weekend.

1 comment:

~*Ang*~ said...

Amy, I just now added your new blog, and I can't believe how much I missed! I loved reading each and every one. I think baby girl's going home outfit was PERFECT. I also can't believe how fast everything went for you. That's great! Lastly, more than anything, I loved hearing the story of how it all started. With me I had cesareans, so I really really wish so badly to know what it's like to let the baby come when "he or she" is ready. I'm so happy for you all. You are giving me baby fever again. Chad had better watch out. Haha! Keep posting Amy!