Sunday, January 26, 2014

Valentine's Day cookies

Today was another Sunday of most churches in the area being canceled because of the weather. Our church actually was not canceled, but since we drive about 20 minutes to get there I thought we should stay home today. I found a recipe on Pinterest for reindeer cookies made with peanut butter cookie dough that I planned to make for our daughter's preschool class around Christmas. I bought the cookie dough before I remembered that their preschool is a peanut free school. I kept meaning to make the cookies for us, and found another Pinterest recipe for a Valentine's day version of peanut butter kisses cookies here. We finally made them today!


Our 4 year old loves to help me when I bake. She's such a good assistant! 


Our 2 year old wanted to help with the chocolates. I think she was the reason we had a couple of candies come up missing! ;) We used milk chocolate Dove promises instead of Hershey's kisses to give them a Valentine's day theme. And yes, you're seeing that correctly.  Our 2 year old isn't wearing pants and her hair is in her face.  She's a mess! ;)


I don't take good food pictures, but here is the first sheet. 


A close up of a few of the cookies. We weren't worried about making the cookies all the same size since they were just for us. 


Safe to say she enjoyed her cookie! ;) 


I can only handle half of the living room floor being taken over by track for so long and yesterday I brought out the totes to put the trains and track away for a while. Instead of putting it away, our son let the girls play too and helped them both make their own track. Today our 2 year old decided she wanted to make her track extend in to the kitchen. It was so nice that the 3 of them worked together on it for quite a while! (Excuse all the toys in the living room.  One of the things I miss most about our old house is the toy room!)


Our son wanted to make sure I got a picture of their track! I couldn't get it in one picture so I took several.  And look at that cute 2 year old "boo boo hind" (her word). ;)


All the way around the island! 


They planned to leave the track, but there was not much room for walking around it!


And finally, the end ;)

 

No comments: