Saturday, June 29, 2013

First Zoo Day of the Summer

I can't believe it's the end of June and we just recently made our first trip to our local zoo for the summer! By this time last summer I think we had been there 5 or 6 times. This summer is flying by! Our play group friends love the zoo and are members too so we decided to have a zoo day on Friday.


We got to the zoo a few minutes before Carissa and her kids so my older two were figuring out our plan for the day ;)


The older four of the six kiddos 


First up, the monkeys. I got all 6 kids in the same picture! ;) 


Our 2 year old made this trip to the zoo so much fun! She's really loved animals lately so I had a feeling she would love the zoo, and she did!


Our son and Carissa's 4 year old looking at monkeys 


I think they were looking at the pelicans here. You can't really tell in the picture but our 2 year old is trying to stand up in the stroller so she can see!


My matching girls :) Our 2 year old's favorite thing to say is, "I Walk". She always wants to walk! The problem is that she never actually walks. We end up chasing her. ;) She was so happy to be out of the stroller and exploring with the older kids though.


5 of the 6 kids. Have to hit all the photo ops at the zoo. 


Sisters 


Another of all the kids except Carissa's baby boy 


I thought I should post two because some are looking and smiling in one picture and not in the other. 


As I was editing this picture I noticed Carissa's 6 year old and our 4 year old had the exact same pose. 


Watching the sea lions


Fun on the train 


I wouldn't be surprised if this guy ends up a conductor one day! 

 I'm so glad we finally made it to the zoo. We hope to go a few more times this summer. :)

No comments: