Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bridal Shower, a 5K and a trip to Wisconsin

Whew what a weekend we had! On Friday night our sweet baby and I went to a bridal shower for my best friend while Daddy stayed home with the older two kiddos. I only took one picture!



Saturday morning I walked a 5K with Jacinda and her sister. Our little man was supposed to run the 1 mile fun run for kids but he had started feeling badly again on Friday so we decided it wasn't a good idea to have him try to run a mile. He was so disappointed that he didn't get to come. He was sweet though when he asked me if I won the race. We finished, but much closer to last than to first. ;) It was nice to get some exercise and have some girl talk with Jacinda and Jocelyn though!



We had planned to make a trip to Wisconsin so we could celebrate our Mr. 5 year old's birthday there and meet our niece but after he wasn't feeling well Friday night and early Saturday morning we weren't sure an 8 hour car ride was a good idea. He had been okay while I was gone that morning for the 5K and everyone else was feeling fine so we decided to pack up and go! The trip there was fine but later that night and Sunday morning the older kids and I had round two of the nasty stomach bug. :( We still got to meet our sweet niece but had to keep our distance because we did NOT want to risk getting her sick! We only took a few pictures this trip. Thankfully we were all okay on the trip home Sunday night. That stomach bug is a very unwelcome guest and we are praying he does not come to visit again for a long long time!


Poor guy was so disappointed he couldn't eat his cake!


Aunt Mary and our sweet girl


The two girls of the three babies born in 2011 on this side of the family. We didn't get to see our nephew this trip.

No comments: