Saturday, August 24, 2013

End of Summer Party

My Uncle and Aunt hosted an End of Summer Party at their house this afternoon. They have the great set up with the world's longest slip and slide, a zip line, paddle boat, beach area etc. The kids were pretty excited about the slip and slide. To say they love it is an understatement!


Cousins :) 


Our girls were both a little unsure about the slide this time! Last year they both loved it at ages 3 and 1. Today our 4 year old wanted to go, but always with someone else. Our 2 year old went once or twice with me and said, "no more".


Our son though, loved it just as much or maybe even more than last year! He tried new things like going down on his belly and going before an adult and letting them push him to make him go faster. I know it is good for him to be a little bit adventurous but it makes this Momma so nervous!!


Not sure what this pose is about ;) 


Our 4 year old wanted to go with her older brother, and I kept telling him to wait for her! He didn't want to bother with going slow.


My sister and nephew swimming from the raft :) 


My Uncle and Aunt have three kids and quite a few of their teenage son's friends were there today and they would "ski" down the hill, as our son called it. ;) My 10 year old nephew thought he should try it too. I think he fell on his behind a couple seconds after this picture was taken!


Fun with my girls :) 


We didn't quite make it to the corn! ;) 


My nephew and niece. Thanks for taking pictures for me seester! 


Our son wanted me to go down with him after his new found sense of adventure landed him a bruised temple and what looks like it will be a black eye tomorrow when he and another little boy banged heads. :( I feel like this is a season of our lives when I can't take them anywhere without at least one of the three kids getting injured!


My niece "pushing" my nephew :) 


I think I was planning to slide one more time with our son and everyone decided to go! Love it. :) 


The End ;) 

 What a fun late August day in the summer sun!!

No comments: