Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First Day of Preschool!?!

Our beautiful, smart, sassy, spunky three year old started preschool this week! I absolutely loved our son's preschool last year. There were many many days when dropping him off that our daughter wanted to stay at school. I decided I would like to enroll her in their 2 day class this year. She had asked several times if she got to go to school like her brother gets to go to Kindergarten. This plan of mine was met with resistance from Daddy and several of my family members. I know my daughter though and I knew how much she wanted to go so I was persistent in changing Daddy's mind. By the time we agreed to send her, the class for her age was full. She was so disappointed when I tried to explain to her that she was first on the waiting list. I was thrilled to get a call from the director last week that a spot had opened up for her after all. She only missed the first two days of class.


Our sweet girl before her first day of preschool! It brings tears to my eyes.  I love this girl!!


She was so cooperative letting me take a bunch of pictures. I think mainly because she knew as soon as we were done she got to go to school!  She's excited to have a blue bag like her older brother had last year too.  It's the little things in life.


I can't explain how excited she has been to go to preschool!   I feel like she is so smart already, and preschool will just enhance that, as well as giving her the opportunity to play with other kids her age, go to the library, music, Spanish, chapel, etc.  She knows all the letters of the alphabet, her numbers to 13, her colors, shapes, how to spell her name.  I feel like she picks up on things so quickly!  I hope her excitement for school and learning continues all through her school years.


One of her silly faces


Oh this girl! 


Preschool here she comes. I hope her teacher is ready for our girl. :) 


Love her! 


She was playing within a few minutes after she got in her classroom.  A few people commented that her outfit was really cute.  I bought our girls coordinating outfits and had them both wear them.  I did not realize until almost bedtime that night that my 3 year old had been wearing my 16 month old's dress as her shirt all day and the 16 month old wearing the 3 year old's shirt as a dress.  I thought the shirt seemed longer and the dress seemed shorter than the last time they had worn them.  Ha!  Oh those Mommy moments!


I gave her a huge hug, told her I loved her and we were off.  She didn't get teary eyed or anything and was playing house with one of her aides when we walked out.  I got teary eyed, but I was okay!  I knew she was going to have a great day.  She has such a social personality.  She loves playing with kids her age and being out and about doing things. 

In her preschool report to Daddy she told him all about these people that they have to play with.  She has told us approximately 2, 482 times since Tuesday that she gets to take a "friend" (stuffed animal- she chose Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates) and go to the library on Thursday.  Her excitement is contagious.  I was already so happy for her but seeing how much fun she had her first day makes me even more glad that she is able to go to preschool this year.  I told her if she started to feel like she missed Mommy to remember what I told her brother when he started Kindergarten, God is always with you!  I asked her after school if she missed us and she said NO!  Thanks love. ;)

We are so very proud of you our darling girl!  I can not put in to words how much you fill our hearts with love.  Always remember what you are learning in Kid's Church: Obey, Be Kind, and Respect.  I know you are going to have a great year!!

 

No comments: